This article contains how to share credit and data on MTN Nigeria network without stress. Here you will learn how to transfer airtime or data bundles on MTN Network to families and friends using USSD code or SMS.
If you’ve have been searching for how to share your airtime or internet data bundle with families and friends, then here is the right article for you. MTN Share ‘n Sell allow subscribers to share their airtime and data in MB and GB easily using just one simple USSD code or sms.
How to Transfer Credit using SMS
You can transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone at anytime by sending an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777
You can also transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone by dialing *600*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *600*08031234567*1500*1234# and then Send/Ok.
When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
If you want to change your pin, you can do so by sending an SMS with default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to777.
How To Share Data On MTN Network
This service is not data gifting nor is it data renewal. This one is basically for those who have existing data on their MTN SIM and wants to share it with other people.
To share data on MTN network, take the following steps:
- Dial *131*2*1# or text REG to 131 to register for MTN Data Share, you will receive a unique security PIN.
- You are required to change the system generated PIN to a new PIN that you can easily remember by dialling *131*2*5# or by texting Change OLD PIN NEW PIN NEW PIN to 131. E.g Change 0000 1234 to 13:1. Where 0000 is old PIN and 1234 is your new PIN.
- After changing the PIN, you will need to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account via USSD menu *131*2*3# or by texting Add to 131. You can add up to 5 beneficiaries.
- Once you have added beneficiaries, you (the sponsor) will be able to share your available data bundle among the added beneficiaries by sending the keyword Share to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*4#
Should in case you have any question, use the comment box.
- The information here work for postpaid subscribers only. Once we discover the method for prepaid subscribers, this article shall be updated.